Is important that our customers feel they can order from our website with confidence that their privacy will be protected. We adopt the following measures as a matter of policy:
1. We only request from you adequate information to be able to correctly process your orders, meet legal requirements for recording financial transactions and make basic analysis of collective data to improve our product offerings.
2. We do not sell customer data nor pass it on to third parties.
3. We do not knowingly engage in telephone marketing to private numbers. If we contact private individuals by phone, it will normally be to resolve a query with your order so as to ensure prompt service.
4. Card data can only be entered in the secure area of our website for which we maintain a security certificate. Your card data is only transmitted under encryption to the merchant services provider as required to process payment
5. We may occasionally send you information about our products, promotions and developments that may be of interest by e-mail. We respect requests to opt out of receiving such e-mails. We normally use post to provide up to date catalogues to customers. We would normally only circulate these to trade customers, although anyone is welcome to request a copy.
6. We may call you by phone to verify orders placed on our website. This is more likely when the delivery address is different to the card address. This is as much to protect the card-holder as it is ourselves.
7.GDPR Compliance We retain data given by customers as required to process and deliver their orders and to maintain legally compliant and auditable accounts. These are held both on computer records and on paper copies of orders and invoices. The computer records are only accessible by staff via password protected PCs and password protected accountancy software. Data we hold includes: Name and address, delivery name and address (if different), phone no, e-mail address, item(s) ordered, value of order, payment and any special instructions, such as inclusion of order numbers. Additionally, we may retain e-mails and other correspondence you send us. We do not store: credit or debit card details, opinions, or other personal customer information. Paper records are archived for the statutory min of six years and will be destroyed by shredding or incineration. Subject to prudent verification, we will provide customers with the information we hold on them, on request. We will comply with verified requests to correct data and to delete it where we can do so whilst complying with our legal obligations to hold auditable accounts for the statutory period (currently six years).
Please feel free to contact us to discuss this policy if you have any questions.
1. All card processing is via secure encrypted link using Paypoint.
2. We are fully PCI compliant. Trustwave Cert No: E192-F185-94F0-A22C.